Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Firehole Meadows








OD2...

My first backcountry camping experience in Yellowstone was a complete success! The hike in was beautiful, we stopped and ate lunch beside a geyser that erupted every 30 seconds or so; it was way better than old faithful! The first 10 miles was mainly up hill, so I got plenty of great pictures of the surrounding area. We saw both water falls (Mystic and Fairy) and between them we only saw 4 other people who were heading to the campsite that was beyond ours.

Our site was beautiful; right on the side of Firehole Meadows were we could see the sunset. We roasted marshmallows, ate our dinners, and goofed off around the camp fire. The night got cold….below freezing cold; I really wish I would have brought my cold weather gear along with me! By morning I couldn’t feel my feet, but we packed up early and headed around our loop. The sun warmed me up right away and we were back to my truck by 11 o’clock (the 10 mile hike took us 4 hours). So over all, we hiked 16 miles in 6 hours…not too shabby!

Anyways enough text, pictures say a thousand words!







P.S. for those of you who are watching the weather for my location….IT’S GOING TO BE 80 DEGREES BY THE END OF THE WEEK!!!!
















No comments: